CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Update!

Ok so I went to our family doctor today. He says it is not Plurisy. He is calling it Costochondritis, here is the WebMD explanation of what it is:

Costochondritis

Costochondritis is an inflammation of the joints formed by the cartilage connecting the ribs to the breastbone (sternum). The inflammation may be caused by an injury to the chest, but often the reason for the inflammation is not known.

They gave me a steroid shot to hopefully help decrease the inflammation more quickly. If not feeling better by Thursday I am to go back in and see the doctor.

I keep saying this, but this so not the way I wanted to start off my school year.

Hopefully a week of rest will make it all better!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Wow. So are you taking the rest of the week off from work? Hope the steroid helps. Take care!
Hugs,
Tara

The Chelton's said...

Yes, I was told I had too. They do not want me catching anything else on top of this.

I feel somewhat better, but then I feel good then I do some work and feel awful.

Thanks for the hugs, I need them right now.

Tara said...

Praying for you! I'm gonna be out tomorrow & am gonna drop off some little treats for you & the fam. :) It will be around 1:30-ish. If your not home, I'll put them on the front stoop!
Love ya,
Tara

NUSLP said...

Hope you are feeling better