CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day-Just a little late!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone, just a little late. I hope you all had a good one.

Well my mother's day did not turn out as good as I had hoped.

We started at 2:00 a.m. Friday morning, Steve got sick and had a high temp. Kayla went to bed feeling yucky. She and I got up Friday morning, I had her go to school and try to tough it out. We dropped Marcus off at the sitters, left Steve home in bed and went off to school. I got a call 45 mins. into school, Michaela had a temp and needed to go home, I called Steve and asked if he was ok to drive her to the doctor, he said yes. He took her, her rapid strep test came back positive in 5 mins.

I got home at 4:15 and asked how everyone was doing, she was doing better, Steve still had a temp. He took off his left sock and I knew instantly, he had an infection in that leg again. Of course he didn't heed my advice to go to the doctors office, during open clinic hours, so we ended up in the ER, with, excuse my language, a real jerk for a PA. Who basically did nothing. Anyway, he is on an antibiotic too. He saw our doctor today and is cleared to go back to work. We will see how he is when he comes home tonight. My bet is, his leg and foot will be very swollen.

So needless to say, I didn't do a lot for Mother's Day, I did get a little nap on Sunday afternoon, which I have to say, I really needed. My Mom bought Pizza and my sister, Darlene and her family came over to my house and we had Valentino's for supper. At least I didn't have to cook, at night anyway.

Right now I am asking for prayers for our family. Michaela to get totally over her strep, and Steve to heal quickly and not need further treatment. While you are at it, pray for me, my frustration level is through the roof right now and so my patience is also gone right now. I need it more than ever now, with the last 5 days of kids at school and just life in general.

I would like to say to my Mom, you are one in a million. I could not go through a day without you. You give me strength and encouragement daily. I thank God for you every day and I hope you had a good Mother's day weekend. Sorry for all the stress we caused you.

To my Mother-in-law, I thank God for you too. Your willingness to just be there at the drop of a hat. To take my frantic 7:15 calls in the morning, when the sitter calls in sick. I could not do it without you either. Thank you for all you do for us and for the love you give.

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hope everyone is better now & you've all started enjoying you're summer break! Woo-hoo - school's out!

NUSLP said...

Hi there! Your daughter told me about your blog...now I will put it on my blog to check out. You can check out ours too:)