CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

I did it, I did it! ( Ok actually Marcus did)

Ok, just a little pat on the back for myself. Marcus is laying in his own bed, putting himself to sleep now. Happy dance!!!! He has always been a good sleeper, just liked to be rocked to sleep. I am not complaining, I like the cuddle time, and don't get me wrong, I do miss it. But he had started, playing games with us, he would want me then Steve, so I said enough is enough, he needs to start doing this himself. So we started out, putting him in bed, he would scream, until I laid down on his floor and just laid there, until he went to sleep. I did this for 4 nights, then on the fifth night, he gave kisses and hugs, I laid him down, he didn't complain, I left the room and that was it. He has done a great job ever since. I am so proud of myself, Steve for letting him fuss, and Marcus for being such a little man and getting so big.

Oh, Robin called this week and told me to go buy some mud boots at TSC, and come out and help them at the Farm in Lexington. I laughed at her, she said Marcus would love it, I told her I wouldn't doubt it. Well Robin, he loves the mud, we went to some Garage Sales today and my precious little man, went right to a big mud hole, walked through it and almost did a face plant, needless to say, his shoes came off before he was allowed in my Van!!!! Ok, Robin, next time you go play in the mud you can take him, Just bring him home clean.

Speaking of Garage Sales, we found some great things this weekend. I found, Marcus a Little Tykes workbench and a single slide and the cube slide at a sale and only paid $9.00 for all of them. He loves them and he loves being outside so that is even more for him to do. We found a lot of wedding stuff for Kristal too. We got glass votive holders, 18-12 X 12 mirrored Glass tiles, and some vases all for $12.oo, I have to say I am pretty proud of my purchases this weekend. Now if I could just find a maid that cheap to clean my house and stuff, man that would be heaven.

I have been working on VBS stuff and got a lot done, it feels good to get a lot done and out of the way, so it doesn't all catch up with me. We have started softball season, not a very good start, too much rain and not enough practices. Oh, well the girls are learning and having fun. Kayla is also going to start taking some Hip Hop/Cheer classes in Cortland, another thing to keep her busy. I can hope anyway. She has been doing so well, with storms until this week, a few prayers our way would be greatly appreciated. Thursday night was a nightmare for us, the pacing and worrying I thought she was going to give herself an ulcer. Thank goodness that is over. It was not a pretty sight, lots of what if questions. I think she finally went to sleep about 12:45 or so. I could hope anyway.


Not much else, better go, to get the boy to bed. Have a great weekend and enjoy the Non-Storming weather.

Love to all,
Lisa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcus is getting so big to go to bed on his own! Wow.. seems like yesterday that you had him!

Love the great garage sale finds! I'll keep my eye out for some mud boots for Marcus! ha!

I thought of you guys during this last storm. It brought to mind all you went thru 4 years ago. You've come a long way, Baby! What a journey - hard trials & sweet blessings (new home, new baby)


Have fun hip-hopping this summer, Kayla!

Anonymous said...

Wow, going to bed on his own? That's great. He's a quick learner. I thought of you guys the couple of times that Ryan and I have had the sirens going off up here. I hope that she is okay, I understand her worries. I miss you guys so much! I look forward to seeing you whenever I can. Thanks goodness for email and blogs! love you!

ps-I hope to see some video of games, maybe. If the weather cooperates enough. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I forgot. Thanks for finding all the great wedding stuff and taking pictures so that I could see. It all looks awesome!