CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!



Happy Father's Day Steve! You are the most wonderful man I know. I love to watch you with the kids and see how your eyes light up when you see them and play with them. I could not have asked for a better Husband or Father for our children.

I hope you had a good, restful day and know that I love you lots, thanks for all your love, understanding, and support. I know things have not been easy for us, but we are working them out and with Gods help and our patience we will continue on the right path.


Ken when I watch you with my children, I see where Steve got his love for them from. Your willingness to be here at the drop of a hat and help whenever we need it is remarkable. Thank you for all the times I called in a frustration because I got a call at 7:15 and had no sitter for the day and you were here in a heart beat. Man I don't know what I would have done without you.

Everyone tells me how weird it is that you stepped up and helped my mom out when we were growing up. I just saw it as a man, willing to help a friend or family in need. I saw then how Gods love worked through you and was passed on to your son. Steve is very much like you and is willing to help out anyone in need, no questions asked. I thank you for giving your son that gift of love and helpfulness. You will never know how much I appreciate all you do for us and for my mom. From helping with leaky pipes, playing snake catcher or checking on her will I call panicked at 11:00 at night because her phone is off the hook and I am worried that something happened to her.


Finally to the men in my life. You are wonderful beyond words, I watch you both with Marcus and know he will grow up knowing how loved he is and how to love unconditionally. Keep teaching him well and remember to show him how God wants him to love everyone and help anyone no questions asked.

I hope you both had a great Father's Day and enjoyed your supper and just spending time together.

I love you both very much.

2 comments:

Tales of MEE said...

Lisa, this was an incredibly touching blog! I loved it so much! Hope Steve & Ken both had a great Father's Day! It was a lot of fun celebrating with Ernie yesterday for the first time! :) We miss you guys and hope you're all doing well and enjoying your summer. Any big summer plans? - Michelle

Tara said...

This is so beautiful, Lisa! What a great tribute to your husband & father-in-law! Such great men in your life - what a blessing!